Re: IETF privacy policy - update

> At 3:36 PM +0100 7/15/10, Alissa Cooper wrote:
>> If you have specific ideas of other spots where the document over-promises, a list would be appreciated. I can take further clarifications back to the secretariat or whoever the responsible party is.
> For me, the biggest over-promise is that someone reading the document might think that there is some remedy if the I* fails to live up to it.
There is and its litigation. Also not having the policy also causes the
same liability and there is significant precedent to prove this... So it
doesnt matter from a liability standard whether the IETF puts this in
place or not, the IETF is liable already

The best part is the intentional destruction of evidence of anything is
very very expensive these days and the IETF needs to 'get' that the
people in this WG have no real interest in making the IETF legally
functional - they have the interest in providing as much smoke and
mirrors as it takes to say "we have a policy so go away"...

http://www.google.com/search?q=spoliation+sanctions&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=

and the above search should give you what you need to see this is true...

Todd Glassey