Re: Last Call: draft-daboo-srv-caldav (Use of SRV records for locating CalDAV and CardDAV services) to Proposed Standard

> I can certainly see where it would be useful. However, I question your comments in Section 9 of your draft: specifically that URI should be viewed as a replacement for SRV. URI (may) make sense for "resource" discovery, but I don't believe that is true for "service" discovery - I think SRV still makes the best sense for that.

IMHO, that depends on the service.

In RAI we have "LoST" and "HELD", both of which are HTTP(s) based services contacted through a URI.

A "URI" RR-based solution for discovery of those would, I think, have been cleaner than the current U-NAPTR based methods.

Ray

--
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) MIET
Senior Researcher, Nominet