Re: IPv4 depletion makes CNN

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Andrews" <marka@xxxxxxx>
To: "Ofer Inbar" <cos@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 12:37 AM

> The point of the article was to make more people aware of IPv6 and to
> urge them actually start planning to move to IPv6.
>
> I've got IPv6 at home today (tunneled).  If my ISP moves to CGN
> without also enabling native IPv6 I will loose my IPv6.  That would
> be going backwards.
>
> For the client side there is no downside in enabling IPv6 today.

Recently I set up a new account with the incumbent ISP and asked their sales
department (several times) about IPv6 support.  Their reply was odd,
and I eventually found that the translation was
'you have mentioned something we have had no training in so this is
our stock response.'

This persisted even when I got into second and third level support,
so there are big ISP out there who have not yet heard of IPv6.  We have
a long way to go and not much time to go it in.

Tom Petch