Re: IPv4 depletion makes CNN

David Conrad wrote:

> and this quote:
>
> "The internet as we know it will no longer be able to grow,"

This means "no more 'new kids' on the block", they will
have to "sublicense" from existing "kids".

> IPv4 free pool runout simply means connecting to the Internet
> is going to get more expensive.

That is one of the effects of free markets.
If a resource depletes, prices go up.

But mainly I expect that overall usage and cascading depth
of NATs is going to increase and it may result in DSL offerings
where you no longer get a real IP, at which point you no longer
have to option to host at least one service under a well-known
port (forwarded from the NAT on your DSL router).

-Martin

PS: I like this one http://www.explainxkcd.com/2010/05/19/campfire/