Re: IPv4 depletion makes CNN

IPv6 networks and products are maturing but are still not on a par with *IPv4* networks and services.

Apologies.

Steve

Sent from my iPad

On May 27, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Rumbidzayi Gadhula <rumbiles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 27 May 2010 16:11, Steve Crocker <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree.  That said, it's a bit challenging to get the right message across.  IPv4 hosts will continue to increase for quite a while, but address space will increasingly hard to obtain.  The large growth will come in the IPv6 space.  IPv6 networks and products are maturing but are still not yet on a par with IPv6 networks and products.  Anyone want to hazard a guess when  they will be fully competitive?  And then there's the problem of interoperability...

typo or am i lost?

I think the CNN story carries the wrong message, both in the specifics -- IPv4 won't stop growing anytime soon -- and in the implied conclusion that the Internet will stop growing in 18 months.

Steve

Sent from my iPad