Re: Last Call: Policy Statement on the Day Pass Experiment

On 5/11/10 4:02 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:
>  Although I disagree with Don's position overall because I do believe we
> need to be more inclusive as a matter of principle, I may agree with him
> on this one point, because for the MANY years or so that I was eligible
> for the NOMCOM, the random process never chose me.  And chose a bunch of
> people multiple times.  How many times did it pick Ole?  Man...
>
> Which by the way leaves me feeling disenfranchised.  I've written
> numerous RFCs, chaired two working groups, one research group, and yet
> have had little say as to our leadership.  I think that's wrong.

Perhaps we need a nomcom for nominating people for the nomcom. :)

I mean that semi-seriously. We're trying to measure something vague
(familiarity with the IETF) using a blunt measure (number of meetings
attended in the last ~2 years). There are bound to be misalignments.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/