Re: What day is 2010-01-02

On 13 Mar 2010, at 14:51, Cullen Jennings wrote:
I just got abused by someone reading the IESG web pages and pointing out dates like 2010-01-02 , are confusing. Is there a better way to do dates that we should be using on the ietf.org web pages?

Incredible discussion so far notwithstanding, I have long since given up trying to coach people using any form of numeric date representations and now just use RFC 5322 format for everything (even when doing so is inconveniently verbose sometimes).  It probably isn't suitable for an international audience for whom the non-use or partial-use of English is a genuine concern, but it by far beats trying to unify the great divide among for instance British and American notations.  I am an email junky anyway.  Otherwise, of course the yyyy-mm-dd makes the most sense, especially in scripts or directory listings.

Cheers,
Sabahattin