Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

Doug Ewell wrote:

> A space character (which looks like an ordinary U+0020 space to me, in
> both the plain-text message I received and in the Web archive) got
> erroneously converted to a question mark in Tim's plain-text mail.

It is not a question mark character but a some strange non-ASCII
character, though it is displayed as a question mark in some
environment.

> How does this demonstrate anything about PDF?

As it occurred with pure ASCII profile of non-ASCII-capable e-mail,
the same will occur with pure ASCII profile of non-ASCII-capable PDF.

Q.E.D.

						Masataka Ohta