Re: ietf 1id_guidelines tool broken

Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
On 2010-02-26 20:42 William Allen Simpson said the following:
As of Feb 9th, the IESG posted a second status boilerplate.  But the tool
doesn't yet recognize it....  Be warned.

Specifics, please?

 * Is this the idnits tool or some other tool?
 * Which version did you use?

Whatever the IETF Secretariat is using.

 * Did you use the downloaded script or the web-service, and if so, with which URL?
 * Which boilerplate change specifically isn't recognized? I.e., what is your input?

http://www.ietf.org/ietf-ftp/1id-guidelines.txt

I-D Guidelines                                 R. Housley (for the IESG)
                                                          Vigil Security

   In the modern Internet, the need for stable URLs is more important
   than providing multiple sites around the world to obtain I-Ds.
   Also, search engines have replaced the need for a file containing
   a collection of I-D abstracts.  As a result, the second choice is:

      "This Internet-Draft is submitted in full conformance with the
      provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

      Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
      Task Force (IETF). Note that other groups may also distribute
      working documents as Internet-Drafts. The list of current
      Internet-Drafts is at http://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/current.

      Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six
      months and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other
      documents at any time. It is inappropriate to use Internet-
      Drafts as reference material or to cite them other than as
      "work in progress.""

 * What is the output of the tool, given your input?

  ** The document seems to lack a 1id_guidelines paragraph about
     Internet-Drafts being working documents -- however, there's a paragraph
     with a matching beginning. Boilerplate error?

     1id_guidelines, paragraph 1:
     "Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering Task
      Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that other
      groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-Drafts."

     ... text found in draft:
     "Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering Task
      Force (IETF). Note that other groups may also distribute working
..................^
      documents as Internet-Drafts. The list of current Internet-Drafts
      is at http://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/current.";

  ** The document seems to lack a 1id_guidelines paragraph about the list of
     current Internet-Drafts.

     1id_guidelines, paragraph 3:
     "The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
      http://www.ietf.org/1id-abstracts.html";

  ** The document seems to lack a 1id_guidelines paragraph about the list of
     Shadow Directories.

     1id_guidelines, paragraph 4:
     "The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
      http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html";