Re: Last Call: draft-jabley-sink-arpa (The Eternal Non-Existence of SINK.ARPA (and other stories)) to BCP

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:40:07AM -0800, The IESG wrote:
> The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
> the following document:
>
> - 'The Eternal Non-Existence of SINK.ARPA (and other stories) '
>    <draft-jabley-sink-arpa-02.txt> as a BCP

> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
> ietf@xxxxxxxx mailing lists by 2010-01-18. Exceptionally,
> comments may be sent to iesg@xxxxxxxx instead. In either case, please
> retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
>
> The file can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jabley-sink-arpa-02.txt
>

> IESG discussion can be tracked via
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=18558&rfc_flag=0

	In the Internet, nothing is eternal.  In the DNS, due to local scoping,
	one can never prove non-existence.  I think this is a bad idea that can
	not ever be rigorously enforced - and its based entirely on the whim of
	the then current zone operator.  I think this is a bad idea.

--
--bill