Re: [TLS] draft-ietf-tls-renegotation: next steps

Paul Hoffman wrote:

> At 4:05 PM +0100 12/16/09, Martin Rex wrote:
> >I do not agree to your determination of rough consensus.
>
> Are you saying that in general, or are you saying you intend
> to appeal the decision? The two are quite different.

I believe this still captures my position adquately:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tls/current/msg05260.html

I do not think there has been a satisfactory decision
about the semantics of MCSV.   Regrettably, I have added to the
confusion myself. by asking for overly strict semantics.

Without a specific proposal, I do not even see a base to
determine consensus, much less for an appeal.

One possible semantic that would address my technical issues
would be along these lines:

   All conforming Clients MUST include the cipher suite value
   TLS_RENEGO_PROTECTION_REQUEST in the cipher_suites list of _every_
   ClientHello handshake message they send.  This includes clients that
   do not implement renegotiation or have it disabled.  This cipher
   suite value MAY appear anywhere in the cipher_suites list.

   Conforming clients that compose an initial ClientHello handshake
   messages with other TLS extensions, MAY additionally include
   an empty TLS extension "renegotiation_info".

-Martin