Re: XML related issues in metalink, was: Last Call: draft-bryan-metalink (The Metalink Download Description Format) to Proposed Standard

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Anthony Bryan wrote:
>>>
>>> 3) XML vs whitespace
>>>
>>> I'm not sure I understand the whitespace treatment.
>>>
>>> One example has:
>>>
>>>   <url location="de" priority="1">
>>>      ftp://ftp.example.com/example.ext
>>>   </url>
>>>
>>> while the prose says in Section 3: "Note that there MUST NOT be any white
>>> space in a Date construct or in any IRI."
>>>
>>> I personally would prefer that whitespace is NOT ignorable, but in any
>>> case
>>> this should be stated somewhere more clearly.
>>
>> Very helpful, your sentence was added:
>>
>> "All leading and trailing whitespace is part of the element content,
>> and MUST be ignored. Consequently, it is disallowed for elements where
>> the defined type does not allow whitespace, such as dates, integers,
>> or IRIs."
>
> Um, that should be "MUST NOT be ignored", right?

Fixed.

Thanks for re-re-re-re-checking my errors. (That's a full time job).
You must want this to come out ok. :)

--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads