Re: Logging the source port?

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:49:36AM +0100,
 Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 11 lines which said:

> Therefore, I think it's safer to say that it's the NAT operator's
> responsibility to log enough. Umpteen million web sites will
> continue to use apache's common log format, so the NAT operator has
> to log what's needed to work with that format anyway.

How could it be possible? The only way I see for the NAT operator to
be able to say that the customer X went to www.priv.no at 2241 UTC is
to log not only the source-address/source-port mapping but also the
*destinations*, which create obvious privacy issues (and would make
the log *much* larger).