Re: I-D ACTION:draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis-10.txt

Dave,

The first assumption is that there is a real problem to solve here.

I think there is a real problem, and that is the need to modernize the headers and boilerplates so that they are more reasonable for each stream. This includes things like getting rid of derogatory IESG notes, which none of us likes.

Of course, headers and boilerplates changes need to be accompanied by the corresponding change in 3932. THAT is the reason for the 3932bis draft. The trouble is, of course the final 3932bis needs to take the opinions of the community into account (and be acceptable to the approving bodies). This is why we have discussed all the changes. I do not see a lot of other options than the compromise position if completing 3932bis and the rest of the system of changes is the goal. We can have differing opinions on whether there's an issue with forcing/requesting IESG notes, but it is a fact that there are many people on both sides of this argument. I sincerely hope that we are not going to ignore their opinions and choose either extreme side as the final result.

Jari