RE: [TLS] Last Call: draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis (Transport Layer

[Joe] Good point, however I still think it is application protocol that
needs to enforce the matching if it cares.  Perhaps we can add some text
that states

"Since it is possible for a client to present a different server_name in
the application protocol, application server implementators should take
this into account and take appropriate action to avoid introducing
security vulnerabilities if the names do not match.  "

Peter's text also included the possibility of server name change during
a renegotiation handshake, do you think we should include this
consideration here as well?