Re: IETF74 T-Shirt Art Donated to IETF Trust

On Sat Aug  1 05:40:51 2009, James M. Polk wrote:
With that said, I think a discussion needs to occur on the devaluation of the importance of what the shirt means - were it to be distributed to any/many folks that did not attend an IETF.

Hmmm... That depends on what you think the shirt means. You imply it means participation - and I'll vocally resist any definition of participation which mandates attendance as a part of participation, since you're implicitly devaluing my participation to somewhere close to zero - I'll admit I'm no Crocker, Klensin, or Postel, but I believe my participation is somewhat higher than might be implied by only having two shirts. (Paris and Prague, if anyone's counting).

Attendence does mean that you've paid the fee, however, and therefore financially assisted the IETF.

And you might also do that by simply buying the shirt.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx - xmpp:dwd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 - http://dave.cridland.net/