Review of draft-ietf-webdav-bind-25 ("Binding Extensions to WebDAV")

Julian Reschke invited me to review the latest version of the
IETF draft "Binding Extensions to WebDAV". See below for some
notes about my person and my relationship to WebDAV in general.

Document: draft-ietf-webdav-bind-25
Reviewer: Angela Schreiber, Day Software AG
Review Date: July 23, 2009

Based on my work on the Jackrabbit WebDAV library and server
implementation [1] I silently followed to progress of this draft
and consider it to be ready for publication now.

Being member of the expert group of JSR 283 [2] I particularly
appreciate that the proposed draft very nicely fits the concept
of shareable nodes defined in JSR 283. This has been showed by the
extensions Julian added to the Jackrabbit Webdav Server [3].

Major Issues:

None.

Minor Issues:

None

Editorial Comments:

- 2.2. URI Mappings Created by a new Binding
  I have the impression that there is a typo:

  "Note that if R is a collection, additional URI mappings are created
   to the descendents of R."
  ->
  "Note that if R is a collection, additional URI mappings are created
   to the descendants of R."

- The document uses both 'behavior' and 'behaviour'.
  I am not sure whether the document prefers British over American
  english spelling. My impression is that both spellings occur (e.g.
  internationalization, marshalling, signalled and behaviour/behavior)
  ... but I'm not a native speaker.

- The examples with 'CollY' (or any other characters following 'Coll')
  would be easier to read for me if it was written 'CollectionY'.