Re: Last Call: draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Web Linking) to Proposed Standard

El Jue 16 Jul 2009 21:15:29 Mark Nottingham escribió:
> All of that said, it's pretty clear that despite good practice and
> separation of concerns, people are going to want to do this whether we
> like it or not. Therefore, I'm inclined to loosen this requirement to
> SHOULD NOT (or even degrade it to a non-normative recommendation
> against) making extension (NOT registered) relation types format-
> specific.
>
> The benefit here is that doing this encourages application-specific
> relation types to be defined as extensions, which is their nominated
> purpose.

I'd lower it to SHOULD NOT, not to a non-normative recommendation.
I think "the full implications must be understood and carefully weighed before
choosing" to define a relation type that limits the target media type :)

(quoted text from BCP 14)