Re: WG Review: Yet Another Mail (yam)

I just wanted to reinforce what John is saying. Step 1 of the charter
for all RFCs being considered by YAM is a review. The output of that
review 1) may indicate that it's completely ready for immediate
advancement to Full Standard, or 2) it may indicate that it's NOT ready
for immediate advancement to Full Standard, possibly for the very
reasons you brought up or for various other reasons that indicate that
it's not ready for prime time. If #2 is discovered, the YAM WG will make
a recommendation as to what needs to be done to the document, and the
document would be removed from further consideration by YAM.

What happens to the document outside of YAM at that point is not the
direct concern of YAM itself. It's even conceivable that someone outside
of the YAM framework may choose to work on the document in parallel to
YAM. Or when YAM's initial charter is concluded, the YAM WG may
recharter to then reconsider those documents it chose not to immediately
advance.

	Tony Hansen
	tony@xxxxxxx