Re: How should ICANN spend its money ..

I would like to see ICANN terminate the conflicted relationship
whereby ISOC is funded through an interest in the .org registry
contract.

Instead ICANN should set up a fund that provides a direct subsidy to
ISOC/IETF and W3C. They have the funds. They are purportedly a
non-profit.

They should also get a clue about how to manage a single supplier
situation and get themselves to a position where they are not forced
to continually renew the registry contracts as there are no other
credible contenders. This is likely to be something that the Obama
administration insists on.

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 7:18 PM, John Levine <johnl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Give it to the IETF obviously ...
>>
>>http://blog.icann.org/2009/04/have-an-opinion-on-where-icann-should-spend-its-money/
>
> Well, sure, since it's out of the question to refund it to the people who
> they overcharged to collect it in the first place.
>
> R's,
> John

New Website: http://hallambaker.com/
View Quantum of Stupid podcasts, Tuesday and Thursday each week,
http://quantumofstupid.com/