RE: Including the GPL in GPL code (Re: IETF and open source license compatibility)

Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Generally, however, I think this question is very different from where
> this thread started.  It started, as far as I consider, with Stephan
> suggesting that free software authors publish "free" (as in licensed
> under a free software license) standards in the IETF.  That is not
> possible, and is unrelated to the question we discuss here.

BTW, why cannot a free software author license some particular
standards text under both RFC 5378 terms, and some other license
(a free software license, or even GPL)?

Presumably, he/she owns the copyright, and 5378 terms are
non-exclusive.  Obviously, for collaborative efforts this may require
that all copyright holders agree, and that may make this unpractical.
But I wonder if there was some other reason?

Best regards,
Pasi