"TLS authorization" standard

Hello.

I'm writing to you regarding the proposed standard "TLS authorization".

Please stop the madness. It's bad enough that ISO lost a significant part of it's perceived independence, now we see IETF thinking about aproving a patent-encumbered standard. This kind of conduct is unthinkable when setting standards and just promotes fear, increases business risks and money spent in judicial activity. A standard should do just the oposite.

Kind regards,

--
Nuno Silva (CTO)
vger tech, lda.