TLS Authorization Standard

IETF:

I am writing to inform you that I am strongly opposed to the proposed TLS Authorization standard. The standard is encumbered by a patent from RedPhone Security which could endanger the ability of developers to create programs that use this proposed standard. While RedPhone has issued a license allowing implementation of the standard, they still threaden to sue anyone who uses it. Please, before you approve this standard, consider the implications for software developers and users. Choose standards that are accesible to everyone, not just individuals approved by RedPhone. I ask that you reject this proposal until RedPhone agrees to grant a royalty-free license for all users.

Thank you,
Ben Weissmann
GNU Webmaster
benw@xxxxxxx