RE: why to contact the IETF

Noel Chiappa wrote:
> I'm not sure I'd really believe any determination short of a court's
> anyway -
> attorneys can advise, but until the proverbial butcher-baker-
> candlestickmaker
> get their say after a trial, it's got an element of coin-toss to it, no?

I respond only to this specific point. Life itself has an element of
coin-toss to it. That should not discourage us from obtaining expert
technical and legal (and medical, etc.) opinions from people who can and
will provide them.

Many times engineers, and attorneys, and doctors, recommend actions that
leave a coin toss ahead. It is often better to gamble with their advice than
without it.

/Larry