Current mailbombing is instigated by FSF

http://www.fsf.org/news/reoppose-tls-authz-standard

While I have a lot of sympathy for the cause, I have very little sympathy for the methods. Rendering a mailing list that might be useful for actually resolving the issue inoperative by a "campaign" is idiotic. Somebody from I* (the IETF chair may not be the right person this time) should call them and explain that this is not the way to win friends and impress people.

Gruesse, Carsten