TLS Authorization standard proposal

Hi,

I have received word that a new standard regarding "TLS authorization" has been brought forward for your consideration.  I urge you to dismiss it as a company that goes by the name of RedPohone is claiming that they own a patent on the technology.  In order to ensure that fair competition can take place, it is imperative that standards be free for anyone to implement them as needed without needing to pay some tax or pledge allegiance to some corporate entity for the right.

Despite claims that RedPhone have offered a license for implementation of this protocol, users of this protocol would still be threatened by
the patent. The IETF should continue to oppose this standard until RedPhone provide a royalty-free license for all users.

Yours Sincerely,
Wayne Moore