Please reject the patent-encumbered proposed standard for TLS authorization

Dear Sirs,

I am a software engineer who has seen corporations in the computer software/hardware/networking field attempt to seize control of the creations of others for over thirty years.  The Internet works only because the standards it is based on are open, unencumbered standards.  Adoption of any patent-encumbered standard will inevitably guarantee the eventual fragmentation of the Internet into competing fiefdoms unwilling and eventually unable to communicate with each other.

I therefore strongly urge you to reject the proposed standard for TLS authorization that is encumbered by a patent by RedPhone Security.
Mark Rosenthal
Arlington Software Enterprises
Arlington, MA
mbr@xxxxxxxxxxx