Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-06

On Jan 8, 2009, at 10:27 PM, Naiming Shen wrote:

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the review.
Just to comment on the "Security Considerations" you referred to below.

Most of those information probably is not sensitive, if a router allows a traceroute packet
to go through; Also this draft references to [I-D.shen-udp-traceroute-ext],
which gives the responder an option to authenticate the source of
the request, that if used correctly, also implies the intermediate devices
between the source and this responder. Or a local policy on the responder
can be defined to verify the domain/subnet of a set of addresses which are
allowed to receive those sensitive add-on information.

Okay, good enough for me--a sentence or two to that effect might be helpful, particularly about intermediate devices.

Thanks!

Ben.