Re: where to send RFC 5378 license forms

federal works

sorry for my might be oftopic comment, so if i see something like this in a source code, ,

----
This material is partially based on work sponsored by the National
Science foundation under Cooperative Agreement No NCR-xxxxx.The
Government has certain rights in this material.
---
this would encumber me from using it, if i understand it correctly, so i thing you really need to be careful when you
get sposorship for an "open" source project for example.
just my 2 cents
best regards
marc

Also do not forget that the US Government does not claim copyright. Were any RFCs written
by US Civil Servants ? Then their work is in the Public Domain.