Re: Time for a sign-up campaign [Re: IPR Questions Raised by Sam Hartmanat the IETF 73 Plenary]

At 04:56 08/12/13, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>I hereby extend the rights in my contributions that I have personally
>granted in the past to the IETF and to the IETF Trust to include
>the additional rights required by RFC5378. Obviously by doing so,
>I cannot extend the rights granted by my various employers.
>
>I'm going to print the updated license from
>http://trustee.ietf.org/authorlic.html
>and sign it and send it in. (My name is there because I signed
>the older version.)

Thanks for the pointer. However, it would be helpful if that
page contained *short and simple* instructions on how to proceed
with signing, e.g. along the following lines:

- Print out licence (two copies? (2))
- Sign (on the "By" line, puting your name in print on the "Name" line
  and the date you signed on the "Date" line) (1) (two copies?)
- Send to: [exact address of IETF Trust]
- You will get back a copy signed by Ray in a few weeks. (2)

(1) Especially the meaning of the "By" line won't be clear to
    people not from the US/not speaking English as their mother tongue.
(2) It's unclear whether two copies are needed, and whether we'll
    get something back,...

Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:duerst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx