RE: How I deal with (false positive) IP-address blacklists...

> Maybe it's just me, but I'll take the evidence presented by
> someone who has access to the operational statistics for a
> mail system that services 10s of millions of end users and
> handles thousands of  outsourced email setups over someone
> like myself who runs a tiny little setup any day.

Then the IETF is the wrong place to look for help. The IETF
does not give a lot of priority to documenting operational
practices. You really should be looking here
<http://www.maawg.org/about/publishedDocuments>
And given that MAAWG exists and does a good job of
publishing email operational best practices, I wonder
why people are so worried that the IETF does not do so.

> You might want to review the actual discussion before making
> such claims. And while you're at it you might also want to
> explain how it would be possible to get views that are, to a
> close first approximation,  summed up as "DNSBLs are evil
> incarnate" on board.

To begin with, the draft authors could have tried to incorporate
those views into the Security Considerations section, since when
you scratch the surface of the "DNSBLs are evil" opinions you
will most often find anecodtes about lost or blocked email.
Simply ignoring those views will not get you to consensus.

--Michael Dillon