Re: How I deal with (false positive) IP-address blacklists...

In message <20081209070351.GC13153@xxxxxxx>, Theodore Tso writes:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 05:49:02PM +1100, Mark Andrews wrote:
> >
> > 	They didn't say why they had blacklisted that IP so there
> > 	is no way to determine if it was a false positive or not.
> > 	That also make the request to phone if the listing was in
> > 	error pretty hard to determine.
>
> Well, it blocked a legitimate e-mail message, so by definition the
> rejection was false positive.  I've also checked a number of DNSBL's,
> and no one else seems to have black-listed my IP address, except these
> jokers.
>
> 						- Ted

	Define "legitimate".  One that conforms to the RFC's?  One
	that you send?  One not containing advertising material?
	One that does not contain unsolicted advertising material?
	One about the content of the soil on the moon?  One that
	doesn't discuss the content of the soil on the moon?

	The only one that can determine if it was a false positive
	or not is the person that added the entry.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews@xxxxxxx