Re: draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-03.txt

At 2:38 PM -0400 10/6/08, John C Klensin wrote:
>(1) A mailing list for discussion is not designated.  While I
>would normally suggested rfc-interest, the document appears to
>be written on the assumption that approval of this proposal
>rests with the IETF (presumably via the IESG) and IAOC and not
>with the RFC Editor (with presumed review by the IAB), so I am
>sending to this list.

An earlier thread had already moved the discussion to rfc-interest, and I think it is more productive to have this discussed in one place. There is already an active discussion going on over there. I will put a note to that effect in the -04 version.

If the document moves to IETF Last Call, it will certainly get discussed here.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium