Cc: <presnick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; <tony@xxxxxxx>; <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: RFC 2026 interpretation question

 Worse, it is possible to read the current text of 2026 as
requiring, especially in the absence of an ISOC newsletter, that
a version of STD1 be published as an RFC before the clock starts
running on the waiting period.  I think that would violate
common sense, especially given the interpretation of the second
paragraph of RFC 2026 Section 6.2.4 as requiring a sixty-day
waiting period between IESG action and RFC publication.   I
think that interpretation is clearly against the intent of 2026,

as does the editor of 2026

Scott