Re: Last Call: RFC2183 to obsolete RFC1806

On Sep 8, 2008, at 5:06 AM, John C Klensin wrote:

> Please reserve Last Calls for situations in which community
> input or demonstrations of community consensus are actually
> needed.

Perhaps an announcement specifically calling out the approval of the
errata would have been better.  I was trying to make sure there was a
public record of the intent or fait accompli of obsoleting RFC1806 --
since errata don't normally have IETF-announce postings associated.

Thanks,
Lisa