Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject (procedural nits)

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:35:11 +0200 "Frank Ellermann"
<hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>
>> nothing prevents the final SMTP server from passing commands
>> to the LMTP server, before replying to the SMTP client.
>
>Thanks for info, I wasn't aware of that possibility.  Maybe
>it is unnecessary to have the LMTP reference as "normative",
>but based on your info I agree that a "downref" is no issue.

Possible in theory.  In practice unless and MTA's internal architecture is
designd for this it would likely require substantial redesign to do so.

Isn't SMTP supposed to be store-and-forward?  I'm not sure if it's the case
here, but if we are tampering with the store-and-forward paradigm, I think
it's problematic.

Scott Kitterman