Re: Update of RFC 2606 based on the recent ICANN changes ?

In article <Pine.GSO.4.63.0807020927290.12027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>Paul,
>
>But it is still the case that an application for say .local would need
>to go through some review process (regardless of price) which would
>include input from the IETF ICANN rep.

More likely from the SSAC, which would be even better.

In any event, as I said before, although there's a lot not to like
about ICANN, the chances of them doing anything technically
destructive remains low.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.