SHOULD vs MUST (was Re: Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-07)

Hi Eric, folks,
 [renamed for this specific point, and CC list trimmed]

I am puzzled by this point in your review.
I suspect that other potential authors will be too.
To me, the last sentence is exactly right:
the SHOULD means "do this unless...",
and the last phrase covers the "unless".

I had read 2119 to mean that a MUST was unconditional
- do this or be non-complaint.
Do you believe that MUST can have an "unless" clause?
Doesn't this mean that any SHOULD with an explicit "unless" will
need to be changed into a MUST - could you expand on this, please?

all the best,
  Lawrence