RE: RNET: Randon Network Endpoint Technology

Here is a response, which appeared to have been CC'd to you:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg51774.html

I agree with Eric; based on the description of RNET, it sounds much like STUN
combined with a rendezvous protocol (e.g., SIP).  RNET is also similar to
HIP's NAT traversal.

STUN is RFC3489 and draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis.  SIP is RFC3261.  The use of
STUN with SIP is best described in draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios.  HIP's
NAT traversal is described in draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal.

Hope that helps,
-d