RE: Appeal against IESG blocking DISCUSS on draft-klensin-rfc2821bis

It is a matter of interpretation.  What does BCP stand for within IETF? ;-)

But seriously, Best Common Practise, IMHO, means, follow this unless you
have a damn good reason not to and if you have that damn good reason then
ask for the BCP to be updated. Just my interpretation.

Best regards

Debbie