Re: [Geopriv] Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-07

At Mon, 26 May 2008 10:17:19 +0300,
Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo) wrote:

> Hi Ekr,
>
> ~snip~
>

> >> When you operate a network and you want this stuff to work then you
> >> have to consider this aspect.
> >> In the past a few folks have suggested to write a BCP about how
> >> different deployments may deal with this aspect but I believe it is
> >> far too early todo so for a BCP.
> >
> >The problem is that I'm not sure that this is an issue that
> >can be solved by the network operator. In the example I
> >described, it sounds to me like new protocol work may be required.
>
> So far, there was nobody who believed that new protocol work would be
> required.

Then I think this document needs some editorial work to
explain this, since as it is, it certainly gave me
that impression.

> >http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-deref-proto
> >col-00.txt
> >
> >What's the status of that document?
> >

> At the last meeting the group agreed that this document should become a
> WG item.
> I believe my co-author has submitted the document but it got stuck
> somewhere.
>
> Thanks for reminding me to ping my co-authors again.

As noted above, based on my understanding of what you have said,
this needs to be a normative ref.

-Ekr