Re: WG Review: NETCONF Data Modeling Language (netmod)

At Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:10:53 +0200,
Bert Wijnen - IETF wrote:

> W.r.t.
> > All this is great stuff, but it all happened after the BOF, so
> > you can't reasonably claim that it represents BOF consensus.
> > And since BOFs are our primary mechanism for open, cross area
> > assessment for WG formation, I don't think it's accurate to suggest
> > that this is anywhere as near as open as actually having the
> > discussion in the BOF and gettting consensus, nor is it a substitute
> > for that.
> >

> I do not think that forming a WG MANDATES a BOF.
> Several WGs have been formed (in the past) without a BOF.
>
> So pls do not depict a story as if a BOF is the only way how we
> reach consensus in IETF on teh question of forming a WG or not.

Yes, but when you have a BOF which doesn't come to consensus on
a technical direction, which is then shortly followed by a proposed
charter which *does* specify a technical direction, I think that's
a somewhat different story.

-Ekr