RE: IESG Statement on Spam Control on IETF Mailing Lists

I would suggest that the IESG also think about hosting all IETF lists in
house in the future.

The main reason for this is legal, a list that is maintained by the IETF
is much more satisfactory in a patent dispute than one run by a third
party. Last thing we want is to have patent trolls dragging a third
party list maintainer into a dispute while they try to argue that the
list somehow does not count.

And yes, I am aware that the 'law', might be on our side here. The
problem is that it can cost a ridiculous amount of money to have a court
decide the most obvious and basic question you might imagine.