Re: Last Call: draft-klensin-rfc2821bis

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Keith Moore wrote:

> > If there were some serious technical consequence for lack of the MX record I would be
> > all for specifying its use. Operational practice with A records shows that
> > there is no real issue,
>
> only if you ignore the problems that have been observed and the
> increased likelihood of such problems occurring in IPv6.

Perhaps you could help us out and share a reference to documentation of
such problems. I for one have not personally observed any problems related
to using the A record to locate a mail server when there is no MX. As a
result I have no clue why IPv6 will increase such problems. My sense is
that quite a few posters to this thread also lack your perspective.

Dave Morris