Re: Nomcom process realities of "confidentiality"

Noel Chiappa wrote:
>     On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:11:09AM -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
>     > ... the conduct of Nomcom processes tends
>     > towards pretty classic personnel assessment, but with people
>     > typically lacking classic personnel training or experience.
>
> This would be different from a normal election... how? :-)

Well, skipping over the smiley and the entirely accurate implication that a
voting population mostly comprises people without this sort of assessment
expertise, I'll observe that a Nomcom is a small crucible of specially-empowered
individuals.

The dynamics on Nomcom members (and Liaisons and Confirming Bodies) are
considerably more intense than on an individual voter.

d/

ps.  But yeah, this is a topic ripe for humor.  If only it also were not so ripe
for misunderstanding and distraction.  And I've already received some
well-intensioned private email demonstrating how easy it is to miss the point I
was trying to make.

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking