Re: IETF Last Call on Walled Garden Standard for the Internet

I think Vidya has a good point.

My opinion is that, bootstrapping protocols from long-term credentials
used for network access authentication is not such a bad idea, but we
just do not know yet the best way to realize it:

http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/2007/slides/mobiarch07-panel-YoshiroOhba.pdf

Yoshihiro Ohba