Re: Last Call: draft-freed-sieve-environment (Sieve Email Filtering: Environment Extension) to Proposed Standard

Hi Sam,

--On March 18, 2008 4:51:42 AM -0400 Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> This extension appears to conflate two unrelated things: information
> about the interpreter context and information about the message.
>
> I don't think these two sets of information are similar enough that the
> same interface should be used to get to both of them.
>
> In particular I believe that the remote-host and remote-ip variables
> are inappropriate and should not be standardized.
>
> I believe an applicability statement should be added to the extension
> making it clear that this extension is only for interpreter state and
> that another extension should be designed for examining information
> about the message.

I am confused as to which items you think relate to a message as opposed to
the interpreter state. This extension is supposed to be all about
interpreter state - tests against messages are handled in the SIEVE base
and the other extensions.

--
Cyrus Daboo