DOS (was: Experimental makes sense for tls-authz)

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> The DOS attack on this list seems to be from people who haven't
> read RFC 2026 and use meaningless phrases like "experimental
> standard."

What was it, 30 messages collected by Megatron over eight days ?
FYI 36 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4949#page-101> offers a
definition for "denial of service".

Of course some messages about a "standard on experimental track"
or similar kind of miss the point.  As a "campaign" it reminded
me of the weird "yes, we will deploy sender-id" parade in MARID.

Other messages were perfectly on topic, apparently from concerned
folks.  I agree with the drift in the rest of your message, but
of course I won't say anything about the specific I-D in an IETF
Last Call, for starters I didn't read it.

OTOH I also agree with the drift of pages like <http://ffii.org>,
that includes a case where "attack" would be putting it mildly.

 Frank