RE: Geography briefiengs for IETF required

Wikipedia says:

"Europe is one of the seven traditional continents of the Earth.
 Physically and geologically, Europe is the westernmost peninsula of
 Eurasia, west of Asia."

Certainly in BRITISH "traditional" usage, "The Continent" or sometimes
just "Europe" refers to mainland Europe and excludes Britain, Ireland
and other European islands.

One is aware that the UK is part of the EU, but I would argue that
"UK" and "Europe" in the context of a survey is neither ambiguous nor
a sign of geographical confusion. Adding "Continental" as Jason
suggests certainly makes it more precise.

English usage is a complicated thing, witness for example the British
phrase: "The Government have announced" (instead of "has announced")
something you would never see in print in the US.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled IPv4 depletion debate :-)

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole@xxxxxxxxx  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj