Re: AI_SECURE_CANONNAME, AI_CANONNAME_SEARCH_* (Re: getaddrinfo() and searching)

>     do not try to implement policy into applications.  you will end up
>     forced to (?) rewrite every existing applications.

I would expect most applications to use only AI_SECURE_CANONNAME or
AI_CANONNAME_SEARCH_DEFAULT.

AI_CANONNAME_SEARCH_DEFAULT would come with a system-wide knob attached.

But perhaps we should just say that AI_SECURE_CANONNAME should behave
like what I called AI_CANONNAME_SEARCH_DEFAULT.

Some applications might offer app-specific configuration knobs to
specify the use of any of the other AI_CANONNAME_SEARCH_* flags.  _Most_
apps would not.

The availability of choices at the API level != a plethora of
application knobs, just the possibility thereof.

Nico